“Education is not a tool for development – individual, community and the nation. It is the foundation for our future. It is empowerment to make choices and emboldens the youth to chase their dreams.” Nita Ambani
It’s the time of year again when the beginning of the school year is almost in sight! The YMCA has given the Global Edge the wonderful opportunity to impact the lives of over of half of Houston’s children through Operation Backpack. Between now and August 12, 2016, we will be collecting supplies for donation. You can help us by:
- 1. Purchase a backpack
- 2. Fill it with school supplies (a list is provided for guidance)
- 3. Drop it off at our office
- 4. Feel rewarded for helping children in our community!
- 5. Tell your friends and family members about this initiative and encourage participation! Offer to drop off their donations and ask any teachers you know about ways to save money!
- 6. If you can’t go shopping but still want to help, make a financial contribution online at https://www.ymcahouston.org/operation-backpack/online-donations/
- 7. Donate any school supplies that you can if you are unable to do a backpack
Other ways you can help:
There are so many children in need in our community, and we have the power to make a difference so please get involved! If you have any questions about where or how to drop off, get a Global Edge team member to pick up your donation or how to support Global Edge’s donation effort, please contact Julie Kennedy at Julie@theglobaledgeconsultants.com
For any questions regarding Operation Backpack, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We here at the Global Edge want to thank you for your support and generosity in making a difference in Houston’s youth!
Written by: Victoria E., Intern